Dedicated to social justice and human rights, Adele has worked in the not-for-profit community and Arts sectors for over twenty years with an enduring passion for social change and supporting people to reach their full potential. Adele’s professional and development experiences span across many industries and include private, government, and not-for-profit. Having worked in senior executive positions, including serving as CEO and deputy CEO in not-for-profit (or as Adele likes to think of it “for purpose”) organisations, Adele maintains a commitment to human rights and social impact in all work and projects.
Adele’s career includes fashion, major festivals, conferences, women’s health, family and domestic violence, leadership development, cultural competency, arts and culture, economic development, precinct revitalisation, coaching, business development and organisational change and development. Throughout it all, there has been the common thread of working towards a brighter and more inclusive future where human rights are upheld and enjoyed by all.
Adele has lived and worked in Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, and currently resides in Perth. Adele is grateful to have been welcomed and living on Whadjuk Noongar Boodjar.
Certifications and qualifications
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of Business (Leadership and Management)
- Counter-violent extremism youth mentoring
- Courageous Conversations About Race facilitation
- PRINT individual and team coaching
- Leadership WA Signature Leadership Program
- Outback Initiatives Kimberley Leadership Program
- Mental Health First Aid
- Senior First Aid
Nominated for professional awards and honours including:
- To The Front Fellowship
- Westerly Emerging Writer Fellowship
- Centre for Stories Inclusion Matters Fellowship
- Curtin University Anniversary scholarship recipient
- Emerging Women of Leadership
- Perth Convention Bureau grant recipient to attend and represent WA Women’s Community Health at the international conference and summit Women Deliver 2020
- Telstra Small Business Award
- Outback Initiatives Kimberley Leadership Program scholarship recipient
- Leadership Western Australian Signature Leadership Program scholarship recipient
- Telstra Business Woman of the Year
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia scholarship recipient
- TBC PhD student
- we are the mainstream, Development consultant
- Feminist Writers Festival, Development consultant, program design, and writer
- RTR-FM, Board Director
- RTR-FM Safer Spaces, Co-Chair
- Flora’s Salon, Co-founder and co-host
- State Library of WA Writing Group, invited guest host
- Gender Equity Roundtable, Member
- Leading Women, Member
- Centre for Stories, Inclusion Matters Fellow
- Emerging Writing Festival 2020, Presenting artist
Adele is available for projects, short-term contracts, and part-time longer-term roles. As a not-for-profit specialist who is experienced in engaging others with a mission and a cause, Adele is a consultant known for delivering strategic outcomes and organisational objectives, with a strong long-term relationship orientation, grounded in strategic development and critical analysis.
Adele is also available for facilitation and has accreditation and training in PRINT individual and team coaching, Courageous Conversations About Race, counter-violent extremism mentorship, mental health first aid, crisis counselling, and Crucial Conversations.
If you would like to start a conversation about how we might work together to support your organisational mission, please get in touch.
Do you need a speech or presentation prepared on your behalf? Do you need it to be compelling, yet evidence-based? Do you want it to be thoughtful and inclusive?
Do you need content developed for your website or marketing materials? Do you need people to engage with your mission and cause? Do you want to build a sense of community and drive? Do you want people to understand and become passionate about what your organisation or project is trying to do?
Adele specialises in humans rights-based approaches and not-for-profit community engagement and communications.